Queens Accident Attorney

Queens Accident Attorney Personal Injury Lawyers Shaevitz & Shaevitz

Experienced Queens Accident Attorney Advocating For Injured Victims Throughout NYC

Accidents happen, but that doesn’t mean you should be left to handle increasing medical expenses on your own. A Queens accident attorney can help you file a legal claim against whoever was responsible for the accident that injured you. If you’ve been injured in an accident, contact an experienced Queens accident attorney as soon as possible.

Reasons You May Need A Queens Accident Attorney

Queens Accident Attorney Personal Injury Lawyers Shaevitz & ShaevitzThere are several common forms of accidents that may lead to a lawsuit. One of the most common categories of actionable accidents is automobile accidents. When you get hurt in a car accident, the insurance companies may not pay all of your medical expenses. To ensure that you are given adequate financial means to pay for your hospital bills, you may need to file a personal injury suit against the at fault party or their insurance.

Likewise, a slip and fall injury can be cause for a legal claim. If you are on someone else’s property and suffer a slip and fall, their negligence may have led to the incident. In such cases, you are due compensation from the owning party. These types of accidental injuries fall under the category of premises liability lawsuits.

In New York, the statute of limitation for premises liability claims is three years, starting on the date of the injury. With this in mind, you should make sure to have your case heard soon, before the deadline expires.

An elevator accident is another common reason for personal injury lawsuits. If you were trapped or injured when an elevator malfunctioned, the owner of the property or the elevator company may owe you damages. Litigating a case like this requires immense documentation, so a lawyer will be essential in the process of claiming damages from the at fault party.

Some mishaps don’t fall into a specific category, but still qualify as a reason for you to hire an experienced Queens accident attorney. Regardless of the context, any accident that occurred due to negligence, malicious actions, or dangerous property conditions can be reason to file a legal suit.

Duty Of Care To Visitors Tips from Queens Accident Attorney

The owner of any property has an obligation to provide a safe environment for any visitors they may have. Though, this obligation is not applied to all visitors. There are three specific categories of visitors that evoke the duty of care laws, and property owners have different obligations for each group. Here are the three categories and the rules that apply for each one:


Anyone who was invited to enter the premises by the property owner is classified as an invitee. For this category of visitors, property owners have a duty of care to keep them from being injured on the premises. In order to serve this duty, the property owner must warn invitees of any dangerous conditions and make an effort to provide a safe and habitable environment.


A licensee is someone who has the property owner’s permission to enter a property for their own purposes. This usually includes people like sales representatives who go door to door to sell their products. They can be permitted to enter the property, but they are not necessarily invited in. In this case, the property owner has a less significant duty of care, though they are still required to warn licensees of any danger that may be present on the property.


In general, property owners do not owe any specific duty of care to trespassers who enter their property. The only exception to this rule is when the trespassers are children. Children do not have the same level of awareness as adults, therefore property owners are expected to take care to prevent injuries from any dangerous conditions that a child may encounter on their property. Regardless of the situation, it’s best to consult with an experienced Queens accident attorney to find out if you have a case.

Did You Experience An Accident on Someone Else’s Property?

Don’t just accept that you were hurt in an accident. Take action to seek compensation from whoever was responsible. We can help.

Contact an experienced Queens accident attorney at Shaevitz and Shaevitz to discover how we can help.

Follow us on Facebook for daily updates!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *