School Accident Lawyers Protecting Children in New York
When you kiss your child goodbye after dropping them off at school, you are placing trust in the school officials to take care of them for the day. So, when you hear your child has been in an accident or has been victimized on school grounds, your initial reaction radiates shock. When the dust settles, the parental instincts kick in. You want to protect your child and ensure this doesn’t happen again, and you want those responsible for your child’s pain to face accountability. Our school accident lawyers at Shaevitz & Shaevitz can help you and your child receive justice.
Child injury cases are some of the toughest cases to prove, and yet they require an immense amount of compassion. That’s why you have to be sure you’re choosing the right attorney team to represent you and your child. You can rest assured that our child injury attorney team at Shaevitz & Shaevitz can fight for you to achieve justice with our lawyers who have nearly seven decades of experience under their belts.
The most common types of accidents our school accident lawyers have seen are:
- Fights and bullying: Unfortunately, a recent report found bullying is at an all-time high in New York, with 82 percent of students in grades 6-12 reporting they have harassed or bullied others in the school. Knowing these statistics can help you better prepare your child should they face an incident. In addition, you will be prepared as a parent to reach out to one of our school accident lawyers for help if your child becomes a victim of bullying or harassment.
- Sports accidents: While sports are often unpredictable and students assume responsibility for any injuries that happen as a direct cause of the sport they voluntarily signed up for, injuries that are caused due to coaching negligence or equipment defects are a different story. Children do not assume risks of being given a defective piece of equipment or practicing in an improper environment that could be dangerous. Our school accident lawyers will investigate the cause of the injury thoroughly.
- School bus accidents: Injuries on a school bus can happen if the driver is distracted, speeding, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Since being on a school bus is still under the school’s supervision, they will be held responsible should an accident occur that results in injured students.
- Sexual abuse: While most teachers have their students’ best interests at heart, it is, unfortunately, more common for sexual abuse and grooming to occur in schools. In fact, the number of sexual abuse cases is on the rise in teacher-student relationships, according to recent reports. This is something no child should have to endure, especially in an educational setting. If a school fails to properly screen employees and a sexual abuse case arises, there are legal grounds our school accident lawyers can pursue to file a claim against the school.
- Playground accidents: School employees, or recess supervisors, are required to watch students during break or recess with vigilance. Chatting with other supervisors, or engaging in play activities with other children, can be negligent if an accident or injury occurs while they’re not fully engaged. A lack of supervision, defective, old, or not maintained playground equipment can be grounds for legal action if a child is injured due to any of these factors.
Our Queens school accident lawyers at Shaevitz & Shaevitz can help you and your child receive justice if you believe your child has been victimized by negligence on school property. If your child has been injured at school, contact us for a free consultation. Your child’s safety is a top priority, and no family should have to figure out their legal options on their own.
Follow us on Facebook for daily updates!